Saturday, March 7, 2009

second saturday of lent...


scripture:


against all hope, abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "so shall your offspring be."
(romans 4:18, niv)

questions about the scripture:

what is it to believe against all hope???

who are the offspring of abraham???


my answers to yesterday's questions:

then HE called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "if anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."
(mark 8:34, niv)

what does it mean to deny yourself??? i think it means to keep your eye on GOD and doing HIS work without dwelling on our fleshly desires. it also means to be WILLING to give up whatever GOD asks of you.

what is your cross??? well, Christ's cross was that upon which HE would surrender HIS life... hence our cross is our willingness to surrender our lives to HIM that we can be made new ie born again.

what does it mean to follow CHRIST??? to follow HIM, means to give the wheel (if you will) and letting GOD be our driver... and DO what's pleasing to HIM.

saying grace

Father, i have to begin by thanking you again for the positive prognosis i received on thursday. as... i am very grateful for the peace that came with the knowledge that all was well!!! thank YOU for always being with me in the good times as well as the bad. thank you to the moon and back for giving me your SPIRIT to be with me through good times as well as those which are not so good:)
being led by YOUR SPIRIT,
here am i, send me:D
please forgive me for my transgressions,
and help me to disarm my heart if that is what YOU would have me do!!!

my GOD, i lift these especially as prayers of intercession.
john
john
the nielsons
the schrijvers
tabitha's family
amanda's family (and her co-worker with tb)
the nall family
the sorenson family
k!!!
the macs
the skaggs (all of them)
the gaddises
the pardues
phillip shannon
as well as all those who are suffering
with emotional and/or physical pain
those who have lost their jobs
the leaders around the world
and all others who are crying out to YOU!!!
FATHER, i continue to praise You for answering the prayers above for elisabeth and now for k.
BABY ELISABETH SORENSON IS HOME WITH A VERY GOOD BLOOD COUNT:)))
K IS HOME TOO AND DOING MUCH, MUCH BETTER!!!
thank YOU again for all YOU are and all YOU do in our lives!!!
in Jesus' name i pray.
amen.

love,
dani

ps. if you have any prayer requests,
please let me know in your comment.
i will add it to my daily prayer list.
i also welcome any/all
praises:D