Friday, March 6, 2009

second friday of lent...


scripture

then HE called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "if anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."
(mark 8:34, niv)

questions about the scripture:

what does it mean to deny yourself???

what is your cross???

what does it mean to follow CHRIST???

my answers to yesterday's questions:

all the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the LORD,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before Him.
(psalm 22: 27, niv)


so many times i hear that we in the western world are not mentioned in end time prophecy. do you believe this is true??? i believe "'all' the ends of the earth" pretty much sums it up:)

why is the western world not mentioned specifically by name??? i would say that in biblical times the americas were not mentioned by name because they hadn't been discovered at that time. further, in revelation john described what he saw in terms of what he knew.

saying grace

Father, i have to begin by thanking you for the positive prognosis i received yesterday. i know You are all knowing and that if the news had been negative that YOU know best; but, i am grateful for the peace that came with the good news!!! thank YOU for always being with me in the good times as well as the bad. i am so grateful to have You in my life and the feelings of peace, love, and assurance especially that go along with having been born again of your SPIRIT.
i know it is rather late in the day to ask You to direct me to do your work, however if there is something you would have me do before i lie down my head...
here am i, send me:D
Father, forgive me for my binge eating... too many girl scout cookies too little time:b
forgive me too for my sinful nature and help me to be more loving, caring, and forgiving, please!!!

my GOD, i lift these especially as prayers of intercession.
john
john
the schrijvers
tabitha's family
amanda's family (and her co-worker with tb)
the nall family
the sorenson family
k!!!
the macs
the skaggs (all of them)
the gaddises
the pardues
phillip shannon
as well as all those who are suffering
with emotional and/or physical pain
those who have lost their jobs
the leaders around the world
and all others who are crying out to YOU!!!
FATHER, i continue to praise You for answering the prayers above for elisabeth and now for k.
BABY ELISABETH SORENSON IS HOME WITH A VERY GOOD BLOOD COUNT:)))
K IS HOME TOO AND DOING MUCH, MUCH BETTER!!!
thank YOU again for all YOU are and all YOU do in our lives!!!
in Jesus' name i pray.
amen.

love,
dani

ps. if you have any prayer requests,
please let me know in your comment.
i will add it to my daily prayer list.