Thursday, February 26, 2009

first thursday of lent...



scripture:

all the ways of the LORD
are loving and faithful
for those who keep the
demands of his covenant.
(psalm 25:10, niv)


questions about the scripture:


was there ever a human who kept ALL the demands of GOD's covenant with man???
who seemed to be the first, most righteous man biblically???
"he/she is older than methuselah." is an adage. how old was methuselah when he died??? how did he die???

my answers to yesterday's questions:


have mercy on me, o God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
(psalm 51:1 niv)

what does "blot out my transgressions" mean to you??? to me, it means, "forgive me for sinning."

why is it important for you to ask God to do this??? it is so important for me (personally) to ask GOD to forgive me because, after a while, my sins really tend to mount and become a "road-block" (if you will) standing between GOD and me. our communication comes to a halt, and the only way to open the way back to Him is to clear the road-block one prayer of forgiveness at a time.
once it is cleared, i feel like a new person and worthy of reconnecting with my FATHER:)


memory of the day:

katherine REALLY gave up her laptop for lent. she played her ps2 for several hours last night but never opened her laptop. WOW!!!

saying grace:

GOD, You are all that is good!!! please fill me and those reading this up today with Your SPIRIT (like to overflowing!!!:) and lead us to pray in accordance with Your will.
here am i, send me.
God, i ask that You forgive me for all the unrighteous things i have thought, SAID, or done that stand between us. please allow Your SPIRIT to stop me from uttering gossip and complaining especially throughout this lenten season, and help amanda and katherine with their covenants with You as well as all others who are acknowledging the season.
further, help those others who are reading in the areas they need help and Your strength; hence, help us all to give our yokes over to You and be able to walk in Your light unburdened with the new ability to forgive and move on in our walk.
GOD as prayers of intercession if it be your will...
please allow both dawn's and my johns to realize that they can give their stresses over to You when they become too much for them to bear that they can lighten thier loads to be able to breath and enjoy all the blessings You have bestowed upon them.
Father, i lift up m'lea's family to You that You may work there in whatever areas they need You. You being the omniscient Father You are already know what those needs are.
also, i lift up tabitha's mum and sister to You. show them that nothing is bigger than the love with which You have blessed us. soften both of their hearts so that one may reach out to the other and the other will be accepting of the sentiment. please don't allow any more time of animosity to separate them (for, time is so precious; and life is so short).
please, GOD, i ask that You also help those who are suffering... whether it be through loss of loved ones, war, loss of jobs, sickness, divorce, having hard decisions to make, etc... i know all You have to do is lay your healing hand on them and bring them the comfort and peace they need to feel Your breeze and follow Your light to the window You have opened for them, respectively.
in Jesus' name i pray.
amen

love,
dani

ps. if you have any prayer requests,
please let me know in your comment.
i will add it to my daily prayer list.