Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ash wednesday...

scripture:

have mercy on me, o God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
(psalm 51:1 niv)

questions about the scripture:

what does "blot out my transgressions" mean to you???
why is it important for you to ask God to do this???

memory of the day:

katherine told me she is giving up her laptop for lent.

saying grace:

thank you God for being an awesome, unconditionally loving Father and allowing me to be one of Your children.
please show me what You want me to do to further Your kingdom today; for, here am i, send me.
God, i ask that you forgive me for all the unrighteous things that i have thought or done that stand between us. further, help me to forgive others... as You know this is the hardest thing for me to do.
lastly, Father please bless those that are reading this...
in Jesus' name i pray.
amen

love,
dani

ps. if you have any prayer requests please let me know in your comment... as i will start a lenten prayer list starting tomorrow.